Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jumping through hoops with a glass half full...

So while I'm feeling confused and blue about the hoops I'm having to jump through to move forward with my writing, I'm slowly coming to realise that if I let it get me down and suck the energy out of me, I won't be moving forward with anything. The bottom line is, no matter what else is happening, I should keep writing. After all, it is obeying those pesky and intrusive words that won't let me give this career away. I have thought about giving up before and aside from the fact that i'm not much good at anything else, the stories just REFUSE to go away. Sure, I can moan and groan but that will not make someone say yes instead of no, or pick up my book in a bookshop. In fact moaning and groaning will probably have the reverse effect. It probably isn't good for my karma either. I think karma works better with a cheerful outlook, a glass half full kind of mentality and I have been forgetting this too much recently. One thing I will do in addition to keeping on with the writing is not accept everything as its given to me. Sometimes questions need to be asked and even if things cannot be changed I want a better understanding of how they work and how I fit into it all.

2 comments:

The Scarlet Tree said...

I'm hearing you over here! I am finding myself so often wondering how other mothers manage to fit everything in and still maintain the headspace required to write. And lately I have been wondering if I shall ever finish my novel. And then who knows if it will be published anyway? Your right, chin up - move on. Or as Dory in Finding Nemo would say, "Just keep on swimming - swimming swimming"..

Maureen Crisp said...

Totally identify with your last two blogs!!!
The 16 year old is changing her mind about the type of scientist she'll be... does that mean I have to take physics Mum???
How do I pay for it?....Mum thinks not through my writing that's for sure...back to paying work...don't worry about the stress bomb on the family.
This morning I got told but writing is your passion...in a dismissive tone likes it's not work....
Sorry honey, but it is work!(and there's not much passion....more like creative flagellation.)
So on the balance writing while baby sleeps is a glass half full thing...
maureen...brain going around in circles...