Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nose to the grindstone...

Read first at Beattie's Book Blog on tuesday, Scholastic NZ have appointed a new Publishing Manager, Diana Spencer, who will take up the post mid-March. I am very happy they have found someone. I hope I get a chance to meet her soon.

I was thrilled it was going to be on but I didn't wake up in time to hear my story, The Were-Nana being read on radio New Zealand's Storytime last Sunday (21st wedding anniversary the night before) but I am hopeful of getting an audio copy for my very own. I know folk who listened to the sunday Storytime religiously when they were growing up but it just wasn't something our family did (although we were surrounded by books). I hope it is still a habit across households throughout New Zealand :)

It is hard work moving forward with my two WIP at the moment. I have got a bit out of touch with my YA and need to get to grips with it again, and I have come to the realisation that the voice for my other story is all wrong. It is a good thing to figure out the problem (because i knew i had one) but I can see I'm going to have to sweat quite a bit over the solution. Time to put my nose to the grindstone i think.

No comments: