Monday, April 27, 2009

Sigh...today is not my day...

When I go on holiday I expect to be without an internet connection for most if not the complete duration of the vacation. I've done this before and survived just fine with only a few tics and other (mostly hidden) side effects. We changed provider and have been offline from Friday to Tuesday. I mostly do not phone people, I e-mail them. And they mostly e-mail back. I felt cut off. I spent an hour on the phone this morning trying to figure out why I wasn't connected despite a brand new shiny modem. This has all been horrible. Especially as i felt the internet was one way to try and keep informed about my travelling girls, who are hopefully back tomorrow although one did not make her scheduled flight from Orlando and i have no idea if she will be turning up at Auckland Airport tomorrow. Did I mention how horrible it was. Have I said how horrible it is not knowing where one of my daughters is? She is one of sixteen who missed the flight so at least she is not alone but I can't imagine she is enjoying the unexpected adventure. I know I'm not. Hmm. She is never leaving the country without me again. Ever. Ever, ever. I am meant to be doing an assignment, already overdue that I am having trouble getting the required books for. The libraries do not have them. The book shop did not have them. And I cannot logon to the university library. I am not having a good day. Maybe karma is telling me to hibernate. There is too much going on to hibernate. I have author visits coming up. I am meant to be racing welshcake to the end of our respective novels. I am crabby and distracted. At least I got to read the graphic novel Hicksville by Dylan Horrocks. I am not much one for the genre but this was brilliant. And he's a Kiwi. Small mercies.

No comments: