Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shiny new things...

I drove over to publishers Duck Creek Press this morning to pick up some more copies of my picture book The House That Went to Sea. I'm appearing at the Bloom Festival in Matakana this Saturday morning (storytelling at 10.30 and 11.45 and workshopping little stories from 11 to 11.30) and I wanted some books for prizes. Was most excited to be handed, hot off the press, this


Woot! My new picture book title with Duck Creek Press - Made with Love - Releasing in April!! And then was handed this

not only because there is a fiesty adventurous gingerbread woman featuring in the story but there is another sweet and unexpected connection. All will be revealed soon.

My good writery friend Maureen Crisp (who can be found blogging here) has just released an exciting new contemporary novel Craic in a range of digital formats for 8 to 12 year olds. Go check out this fab looking book here. Or better yet, buy a copy :)



3 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!! Look at your lovely book!!! I hope the gingerbread person is part of the book too for everyone!! Awwww it's adorable - and there's a cat so yay!!! Wonderful!!! Take care
x

Penny said...

So pleased to see David has picked up Made With Love - it is a lovely story. Good luck with it!

Melinda Szymanik said...

Old Kitty - the cat is great in this story - I even have an original, and very gorgeous, artwork of the cat on my office wall.

Penny - good to hear from you :) Thank you for your nice comments. T'is very exciting ...